Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pride & Patriotism

@ Attria Road, Wagha Border by Viggi
@ Attria Road, Wagha Border, a photo by Viggi on Flickr.

I was travelling to Amritsar last year. This was my first trip to the city and I was keen to reach the Pakistan border @ Wagha. On either sides of the border, the citizens are seated to witness the lowering of the flags ceremony.
Okay these are all known things to most.

For once I started realising that the people on the other side are no different from us or I have to say that we are similar. Does the sense of Pride & Patriotism differ from one to another for ones nation ? Their emotion is as intense as ours. Is there a measure?

Even more, they look much alike. Let me say something about what you see in this picture. I'd borrowed my friends' camera for the trip as he had taken mine. That turned out good for me -coz it had some 20X optical zoom. But From where I was seated, I couldn't cover India's flag but Pak's side was visually fit for shots during the sunset. Having set the frame, I started capturing shots - getting closer and closer. I was trying for neat good shots of the intense event.
For a sec, I felt like a Pakistani.Stepping back in my mind, probably by default, no Indian sitting on this side can take a right shot of India's event and no Pakistani can take shot of Pak's event. Only opposites are possible.
And the feeling could be very much mutual.

Whenever I see this picture I relive the moment. Peace !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Say it...